Friday 12 October 2012

Working Out

It has been a pretty long time now since I have had a proper workout session. I guess because I was pregnant, nursing and then pregnant again I haven't really had the time or energy to keep a realistic workout schedule. So this week I wanted to change that.

I got the all clear from the doctor last week, so there was no reason to put off getting back in shape any longer. Even though I used to be a real workout expert (in my own mind anyway) I wasn't really sure how to begin. Eventually I decided that a workout for 30 minutes every other day would probably be the most I could do. So here is what this week's workout schedule looked like:

Sunday: Yoga DVD - Shiva Rea Flow Yoga for Beginners
Tuesday: Run
Thursday: Pump DVD - Davina McCall My Three 30 Minute Workouts

Here is how it went:
Sunday's yoga session showed me just how out of shape I really am after two babies and very little exercise in the last two years. But it felt good to move and stretch!

Tuesday I was a bit optimistic. I set myself what I thought would be a pretty easy run. Well, about 2 minutes in I was walking, so it turned into more of a run/walk which was fine with me. I really just wanted to see what I could do. I also had the added issue of a much bigger bust than the last time I ran so I have to say it wasn't the most comfy run I have ever been on.
New to do list item; find a sports bra that can do the job!

Thursday I was able to keep up with the pump section of Davina's DVD but the 2.5lb hand weights I used (which previously seemed way too light for me) felt like 20lbs at least!

Now I have an idea of where I am in terms of fitness. I have very little flexibility, I am pretty weak and I don't have the stamina I used to when it comes to running. I think some people would be put off by all this and maybe give up, but I am glad to know and sure that I will see improvement in the coming months/year. I also know my body is amazing after all it did house and give birth to two little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment