Thursday 8 November 2012

Post Pregnancy Shopping

It has been almost 3 months since the birth of my gorgeous little boy Dylan. I can't believe how the time has flown by. Everyday I wake up and smile at both of my little ones and am so grateful. I also wake up each morning and still put on maternity clothes :-( 

When I had Francis, it took me about 9 months to get my shape back and I probably still had about 5 pounds to lose, but I looked more or less back to my pre-baby shape. It was at that time I found out I was pregnant with little Dylan. This second pregnancy took my belly to a whole new level. I was massive. People didn't just ask if I was having twins but whether or not I was having triplets! Anyway, with that said and knowing that it has only been 3 months since Dylan's birth it is no wonder I am still a bit round. I am not really in a rush to get slim again but I would like to be on my way to it as I have my sister's wedding in February and I am going to have to fit into a pre-pregnancy sized bridesmaid dress! 

So after having been working out for a bit and having lost 3 more pounds since the initial pregnancy weight came off,  I was feeling quite slim and wanted to shop for some new clothes- after all I am now pretty bored of my maternity kit. This is what prompted my trip to the mall this past weekend. 

However, I found when I started trying on clothes none of them fit- and I was trying on clothes two sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy size! It wasn't so much that I had gained weight but that my shape had definitely changed too. I now have a fuller chest, bigger hips and a lot of loose skin on my belly. I was finding that clothes where either made to fit the slim or the more voluptuous girl but not a woman who had recently given birth. 

So, I gave in to the fact that my purchase of two pairs of leggings and some long tops was going to be the extent of my shopping that day. At first I felt disappointed and not particularly attractive, but then I remembered I have just had a beautiful baby boy who I love with all my heart and my body did me proud <3 !  I am still breast feeding Dylan and I am only just getting back into shape. There really is no rush. After all a bridesmaid's dress can be tailored to fit! 



images from H&M and Dorothy Perkins 

No comments:

Post a Comment