Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you have a fun and spooky day ;)

Today we are off to a Halloween party and then off to a birthday party tonight. Tomorrow night we are off to an adult Halloween/40th birthday party (so that's when the husband and I will be decked out in our scare wear!).

This year, the week leading up to Halloween has been more fun as the boys are a bit older and are starting to understand dressing up, pumpkins and trick or treating. I definitely think holidays become much more fun when your children have a better understanding of the day.

Yesterday we finally made it out to the pumpkin patch and it couldn't have been more fun!

We took lots of photos and did all sorts of pumpkin/Halloween activities. I even jumped on the miniature tracker ride! ;)


Looking back on the day, I think it was the first time I have been able to take both boys on an activity on my own with out a pram or reins. Of course the boys both don't always listen to me (yet) so there was some running after a super fast Dylan through the pumpkin patch but with bribes of face painting and pumpkin carving I was able to get everyone back to me in good time ;)

My little foxes!

Dylan's new friend, he really loved this skeleton :)

Another bonus to the day was seeing how all the other families were enjoying the pumpkin patch and all it had to offer. Coming from the US where Halloween is done BIG, I have felt a little underwhelmed  when it has come to Halloween over here in the UK...but not this year! Don't get me wrong it doesn't have to be super commercial and over the top but I definitely believe in having fun and celebrating whenever you can!

Anyway, hope you all have a fab Halloween and let me know what you and or your kiddies will be dressed as this year! 
xx

P.S. Don't forget to follow me on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment