Sunday 2 December 2012

I Joined A Gym!

Yay, I did it! This weekend I joined the local gym (sports centre) and better yet I even had my first workout! I actually had a look at the gym about 3 weeks ago and was more than impressed. It had pretty much the same amenities that my very expensive 'brand name' gym had when we lived in Texas except less than half the price. Anyway, as you know I ended up taking the past 3 weeks off from working out so I just ended up not joining, but this weekend I took the plunge. 

I had my first workout this morning when the gym opened at 8am...that's right people, I actually set my alarm, woke up, got dressed and out the door in time for an 8am workout ;-) 

I did 15 minutes on the treadmill, 10 on the stepper, 10 on the bike and 5 on the rowing machine. In between each exercise I stretched out and at the end of the workout I did some crunches to strengthen my super weak core. I felt really good when I finished. That was my first gym workout in probably 3 years. 

Then while we were out at Costco today I spotted the Zumba Fitness DVD Exercise Kit. It was at a very reasonable price and did I buy it? - You betcha! I have always wanted to try Zumba and even though I know it is meant to be a fun, party like class with lots of people for the whole 'you're in a night club' kinda vibe, well I just couldn't bare to try it for the first time in that atmosphere and be completely out of sink. 

www.zumbafitness.co.uk
I have no dance skills at all and my coordination could be better. Let's put it this way, about 8 years ago when I was living in London I joined a Salsa workout class at my local gym. The instructor came over and said to me 'Darling, I just love coming to this class cause you are so entertaining. I go turn to the right and you turn to the left. I say cha cha cha and you...well I'm not sure what you are up to! I love it!' So I suppose now you can understand why I am very excited to try this Zumba DVD set out in the privacy of my own home. Of course when I become the Zumba star I know I can be (deep down) I might venture into a proper class but for now I think I like the fact that only 4 walls will be watching as I ultimately make a fool of myself ;-) 

Any other uncoordinated Zumba fans out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment