Tuesday 18 December 2012

Home-made Coffee Creamer

I have just remembered on this cold and wet morning that I have promised you a home-made coffee creamer recipe! As you know I have been experimenting in coffee flavouring to try and make a nice luxury coffee at home but haven't really been succeeding.  And although I love the idea of just popping out for a nice coffee each day that is not realistic. Where I live there are no Starbucks or even Costa's nearby so when I do pick a coffee up from one of those places it is a real treat!
I think I have mentioned before that I love the coffee creamers that you get in the States that are flavoured, but you can't seem to get those in the UK. So that is really what brought on my experimenting. Nevertheless, this recipe is a bit better for you than the preservative filled ready made creamers but still not the best as far as healthy goes (so my next task will be to work on healthifying-nice new word!  it a little more).

So without further ado...

Home-made Coffee Creamer

1 small can Condensed Milk (397g or 14oz)
same amount of whole milk
*mix together well and that makes the base creamer

I then added:
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
to make a Peppermint Mocha Creamer

Later I might try adding just vanilla extract, hazelnut, etc... depending on my mood and the season.

I hope you enjoy this! Yummy!

BTW- this creamer mix should last about 2 weeks in the fridge (any longer please throw away)

No comments:

Post a Comment