Friday 13 March 2015

Recipes, Poldark and Stary Plum... #littleloves

Another busy week has flown by, but to be honest I'm sort of glad. I haven't been sleeping well and am looking forward to a more relaxed weekend. Although, I'm not sure relaxed is what I'll get this weekend as we have a friend's 40th birthday party tomorrow night and will most likely be out with my husband's mother on Sunday morning...oh well! :-)

Read
I haven't really read much this week. I have read a bit of my second Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum) mystery but I really haven't had the time and I've been so tired at night that I have just been going straight to sleep instead of reading, which is what I normally do.
I have however been reading through a few recipe books to get some ideas for suppers this week. Trying to cook more for the whole family (instead of a meal for the boys and a meal for me and the husband) and a little more healthy too!

Great family cook books for busy mums!
Watched
Poldark! Awesome! My very good friend got me into the Winston Graham  Poldark series about a year or two ago and I read every single one (there are 12) with delight and now it is a TV series! Yay! Can't wait to see how it all progresses. So far so good :)

BBC's Poldark is so good!

Heard
The word 'NO'! Honestly, you have thought I had teenagers living in my house but it is my toddler who is using the 'N word' consistently all week. Fingers crossed this is a short lived phase :)

Made
I made loads of things going into last weekend: a Batman game, a parcel for pass the parcel, cupcakes (buns), superhero masks, etc... So this week I am taking some time off making anything spectacular! However I did manage to make a quite delightful smoothie! Yum :)

Sorry this was the before photo. Smoothies don't last 2 seconds in this house :)

Worn
New eyeliner by Clinique: Stary Plum. I have had this deep purpley shade for ages but it always runs out! ;) This time, I ran out ages ago and only just got around to replacing it. I love this eyeliner as it slides on smooth and it is such a pretty color which goes so well with hazel eyes.

So pretty!

And lastly...
Happy Mother's Day and have a nice weekend! Fingers crossed you all get a lie in :)

butwhymummywhy

8 comments:

  1. Poldark was great wasn't it? Perfect Sunday night viewing. Hope you get to have some relaxation amid the busy-ness this weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgana! Hope you have a great weekend and lovely Mother's Day with your beautiful girls :-) xx #littleloves

      Delete
  2. That books looks interesting, trying to do the same here too! We want to get a nutribullet to get making more smoothies! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love smoothies here. Sadly, I only have a basic blender but it works well enough for now. Keep us posted if you do get a nutribullet they are supposed to be awesome! :-) #littleloves

      Delete
  3. I love a good recipe book binge, and those smoothies ingredients must have made a delicious treat! Hope you have a lovely weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, the smoothie was delish too bad they don't last long here. I think we need to start making them daily :-) Thanks for stopping by! xx #littleloves

      Delete
  4. The word 'No' features heavily in our lives right now too, my girl also adds a 'why not' every now and again! You've inspired me to get back on the smoothies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating to keep hearing 'NO', but I'm just staying strong ;-) I do on occasion get an 'of course mummy'. So we'll aim for more of those! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by :-) xx #littleloves

      Delete