Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's. I know we did! It has been difficult for me to blog recently as we have been so busy with holiday things. We also all ended up with conjunctivitis the week before Christmas so that was a bummer. Oh and how could I forget, we also started redecorating our living room, which has been quite the task!

We had a lovely Christmas bouncing around visiting friends and family. I consumed more than my share of chocolates and got away with having very little Christmas Pudding which I am not a huge fan of. Let's face it, anything that you have to douse with a half bottle of alcohol and light on fire is not really going to be a tasty treat is it ;-)

After Christmas we had a little family get away to Sweden to visit some friends for NYE. It was a wonderful trip and I really enjoyed it. The people in Sweden were so friendly and they know how to have a conversation which I am finding is a real skill. We were also amazed and humbled by the fact that they were all fluent in English and whilst we were in their company would speak English even if we were not a part of that particular conversation. It was a very friendly and welcoming thing to do. It also made me feel a little ashamed of the fact that despite 7 years of studying Spanish I am nowhere near fluent or even conversational at this point. I guess if you don't use it you do lose it!


We hired a car while we were in Sweden and did a little bit of travelling around whilst we were there which was great. It is always nice to get out of the touristy places and see the 'real' side to a place. The only bad points of the trip was that Sweden is expensive and the boys didn't sleep that well really and so neither did I.

I have actually spent the last few nights trying to catch up but it is hard.

Well, better get off. It is getting late and I need to start taking down some Christmas decoration :-(

Have a good weekend and I'll be back soon with a fitness update.


Any good New Year's resolutions out there? I haven't quite figured mine out yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment