Tuesday 1 April 2014

5 Important Things I Would Like My Children To Know

I  recently purchased a baby album (no, I don't have any news!) for my oldest son. It is sort of a continuation of his 1st year album. I may do a review of it soon so I won't get into it too much now. It contains a lot of prompts to get you thinking about what your baby is like at a certain age. Personally, I love it and it has definitely given me some things to think about.

As I sit here tonight to write up my blog post (yes, this is impromptu and completely unprepared), I am thinking what is really important for my little ones to learn and remember.

I won't go on and on as I know I could so I will narrow it down to 5 for tonight.

1) Love: You were born into a family that loves you tremendously. Love and respect others and be open to other's love for you.

2) Take on Challenges: We will support you in being the best at whatever it is you set your mind to no matter how difficult it may seem (within reason: I won't be encouraging anything illegal or harmful!).

3) Be Active: We will encourage you to be active throughout your life even if that means simply going on walks (no pressure to be the next Beckham here - just move around).

4) Be Honest: While it may not always be easy, it may help others and yourself to be at peace.

5) Be Kind: I have always tried to live by the motto: 'Treat others as you would like to be treated.' It doesn't take much to brighten someone's day or your own by being kind.

Obviously, there are many others that could be added to this list but these were the first 5 that came to mind.

Alex and Ani Inspiration of the Day!
Hopefully this post wasn't too much. I guess I was just in a thoughtful place.

Have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment