Tuesday 8 April 2014

Summer Salad & Wardrobe Shenanigans

Good afternoon! I hope everyone's week is off to a great start.

I have been hard at work since 6:30 am this morning. First a lovely Spin class which was packed and pumping with fab music! There is no more Thursday Spin class since the instructor couldn't get over 10 people there regularly which is a bummer as I used to think of it as an almost weekend treat (no more clubbing for this lady but Spinning to hot new tunes was good enough for me)!

We also went out with friends on a walk in the park and a coffee in a cafe. It was a nice walk to start but then it started to pour on us so we retreated to a cafe. The cafe was nice to start too but then the milk ran out mid latte causing milk and steam splatter and whilst that was happening my wallet emptied its contents all over the floor...whoops! I hardly think anyone noticed all the commotion ;-)

The rest of my day looks like it might be full of building shenanigans. I started building a wardrobe from Ikea for the boys room to replace their current one which is a total health hazard (clothes coming out, drawers without bottoms, etc...) two days ago but haven't gotten very far. I think my Bob The Builder helper has been maybe hindering the building process ;-)


Anyway, probably not too much else excitement going on over here but I did want to share with you a fab recipe that I made last night. It is for a summer salad (I am wishing spring/summer warmer weather). I found it off Pinterest but think it originates from this site www.authenticsuburbangourmet.com.
This was delicious and we ate it with a pita bread on the side. YUM!


Summer Salad with Cilantro (Coriander) Vinaigrette (serves 2-4)

- large tin of corn
- 1 avocados, diced
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 an english cucumber, finely diced, skin on
- 1/3  C. crumbled feta
- 1 small red onion, finely diced

Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt 
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 6 tbsp. EVOO

Mix all the salad ingredients together. Mix the vinaigrette separately and pour over salad just before eating.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. 
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment