Thursday 11 September 2014

Some Firsts

This week was full of firsts.

My first day back to my spin class in over a month. The usual instructor was back and I was so happy! It was a great class, the music was great and I was sweaty ;)

My first ever Insanity class/workout. It is what it says on the tin, to use an English expression. Man, was that class insane! After about 5 minutes (and I was sweating and completely out of breath) the instructor announced 'So that's the warm up done!' AHHHH! I wanted to crawl out of there, but I didn't and boy am I sore.


Francis' first day at pre-school. I cried in the car yesterday on his last day of nursery. I was alright this morning getting him ready. I was alright in the car and the walk to the school but when he found his teacher and got a request to find something for her, he waved good-bye and was off. I cried. Thankfully I had Dylan to keep me busy.

My first morning alone with Dylan. I have had very few times alone with Dylan. I think our mornings together will be good for both of us. He is a little wild and very cheeky but he is still my darling little boy and I can't wait to shower him with some attention!


My first time using iron on name labels. Ok, these suck! A friend recommended them to me so I'm either completely crap at putting them on or I just got a bad batch. I might just start sewing them on...what a pain.


My first time filling out parent things for school. I clearly remember some of my first days at school and having my parents signing all the necessary paperwork. Now, I'm the parent! How did that happen?!

I have mentioned before that to me September is always a month of change, new things, clear outs, etc... I guess it all comes from being young and going to school in September. You get a hair cut, new clothes, bag, etc... clear out everything that doesn't fit and even put away all the summer things. This September is full of more changes than I have had in a while. Lots of firsts, lots of lasts and hopefully full of new happy memories.

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
 
 How is your September going? Any firsts for you? 
xx




2 comments:

  1. Want to try Insanity but I'm scared! Ha! My eldest started school and soon youngest will start nursery so lots of new beginnings this month! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insanity was a little scary but I'm going to give it another try! Good luck with all your firsts. :-)

    ReplyDelete