Friday 16 January 2015

5 Friday Faves

Yes, it is back my 5 Friday Faves! I have not posted one of these for ages and thought I would get back on the bandwagon. Although, once I have got my 2015 blog calendar up to date I might change my Friday Faves post a little to take part in a linky (we'll see).

So this week, despite still being under the weather and not really getting up to much, I do have some definite faves...here they are:

1) I am in the midst of de-cluttering the house. This is a long over due task and I got started this week by de-cluttering my email account (which I don't think I have ever done). Baby steps ;) Having said that, it did take me three days to do. Anyway, in my quest for de-cluttering advice I have come across this new (to me) blog Mary Organizes and I love it. I have warned my husband that things are about to get serious!

2) Ted Baker Regency Houses Body Wash. I don't usually go for the 'fashion' brand body washes as I often find them too perfume-y and a little irritating on my skin but I got this as a Christmas present and really like it. It is a lovely refreshing scent and so far hasn't affected my sometimes sensitive skin.


3) Beauty Blender Sponge. I got this a few months back in a Birchbox and at first I didn't even bother to unwrap it. However, I have been using it for a couple of months now and don't know how I ever got on without it. I use it for my foundation and sometimes depending on how my eyes look to help blend concealer. In my opinion the application is much smoother than a brush and gives more coverage than with your fingers.


4) Baking. I feel a little like Izzy from Grey's Anatomy here, but being inside and not feeling great prompted a baking frenzy. This week I baked about 4 dozen various cookies and some orange flavoured cupcakes. I did have a good friend over this week so I shared out some of the cookies but mainly I'd say I'm eating most of them...whoops!
Chocolate Chip! 

Orange cupcakes; some frosted some not.

These were supposed to be oatmeal cookies but came out to crumbly so now granola!
5) Mary Higgins Clark. I love her. Seriously, I love her books. I have always been a fan of mystery books and her's are just right for the moment. Easy reading and enough to get my inner Nancy Drew working. I have almost read every single one of her books (even non mysteries), I think I have about 5 left to read!


Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment