Monday 12 January 2015

Being Sick & Being Thankful

Hello! Things here have been a bit chaotic to say the least. I have been pretty seriously unwell for a little while now and that is why I have not been posting. I have been advised by my GP and family to take care of myself and rest. So, I have been doing just that. I haven't been going out as much and unfortunately for the boys most of our current play revolves around indoor activities where I can supervise but not get too involved. It is annoying (for lack of another word) to not be more active, outside in the fresh air or playing more hands on with the boys but for the sake of my health I must follow doctors orders.

Because I have had a lot of time on my hands to relax, I have also had some time to think. Mainly I have been thinking of what I am thankful for during this difficult time.

In no particular order:
1) My husband being home to help out while I recover! I love that he is here to support me and the boys. He has been my rock and I love him :)


2) My boys! They make me laugh everyday and provide ample kisses and cuddles which I can never get enough of :)

3) Junk TV! Thank you so much for existing Celebrity Big Brother, The Housewives of 'just about anywhere- Miami, Orange County, New York, etc...' and Judge Rinder. These may be hideous shows for some people but it is so good to laugh when you are feeling a bit down in the dumps.

4) Good TV. We have been watching Person of Interest on Netflix and it is great. Also looking forward to the return of Mr. Selfridge and some of the new 10 part mini series out in the next couple of months.


5) My cosy (but messy) house. I love that I am comfortable and usually annoyed that it is messy but at a time when I don't fancy cleaning I can't see any new mess ;)

6) My good good friends. I am not a person with hundreds of 'best' friends but those few I have are amazing and I love them

Hopefully be back with some new posts soon but please bear with me :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment