Friday 17 October 2014

Portugal 1

Hello from Portugal! Well, I was going to be blogging through out my trip over here but... Despite the promise of wi-fi at each place we have stayed, we have only just got it at our final destination with only two days left to the holiday! Oh, well!


Our trip has definitely been eventful. Full of good times and interesting things and also full of crazy stuff that really could only happen to me. I mean who else bites into a homemade baked good to find a maggot crawling into their mouth? Yes, this really happened and yes, my husband did nearly drive off the road when I screamed, threw the cookie and was literally paralysed with disgust! Poor husband, poor boys (what the heck is up with mummy?), poor me and poor maggot!

We have so far travelled from The Algarve in the south of the country to Amarante (just outside Porto, in the north) and now we are in Lisbon.


I will try to get my act together and write a proper holiday catch up post when I get home as I think this trip warrants a little post at least ;) but for now just wanted to say Ola! We are all alive and well...with the exception of the maggot (I hope) and I will be back to regular blogging soon my friends. :)

P.S. the below was meant to be my food and fitness post for this past Sunday! Pretty right on with the exception of the fitness. Despite bringing gym kit, I haven't done anything fitness related except walking. Back on it next week!

Food: 
Well, I haven't got a clue but I can imagine it will be a lot of seafood, meats, cheeses, wine, pastries, and more wine.

Fitness: 
Again, not sure. We are moving through Portugal on a bit of a tour so every location will be different.  I do hope to get out for some runs and if time allows do some body weight workouts too.

Have any of you been to Portugal? What was your favourite thing about it?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment