Tuesday, 17 March 2015

A Manic Monday

I don't normally complain or whinge but honestly yesterday was one of the worst days. I kept thinking, 'It can't get much worse' but somehow it did. All day long.  

The day 'started' with my boys waking me throughout the night/into the morning consistently every hour. I don't think I got more than 4 hours sleep. Ugh... So with only a few hours of sleep under my belt, I decided to just get in the shower. However, on my way into the bathroom I found both my boys (who had only be alone a matter of minutes) covered from head to toe in talc and the entire hallway also covered in talc! Apparently they wanted snow inside! :) Joy! 

Don't mind the mess most of these things are due to go into the attic.
I just about made the school run in one piece and decided to have a huge cup of coffee when I got home to calm my nerves and help me get on with the day. However, I never even got a sip as I managed to spill the coffee all over my desk and keyboard resulting in an alarm warning the entire Nation that my keyboard was broken. Despite drying it, there was no hope it was gone. :( 

Halfway through the clean up!
I cleaned the mess and got another cup of coffee. As I drank it I thought it tasted a bit off. By the time I was half way through it, little bits of something had started floating to the top and into my mouth. My little one started giggling, then said 'I did a spit in mummy's coffee'! So I had to face the facts that I just wasn't going to have a cup of coffee that day. 

11:30 and time for the school pick up. My youngest and I got in the car and I found that my car radio had stopped working. How, I have no idea. Ugh...

We'd arrived at school in one piece although I was extra careful to keep just under the speed limit as I sensed that I might be pulled over by police or caught by one of those pesky speed cameras for going the tiniest bit over the limit the way my day was going. As per my usual routine, before I jumped out of the car to pick up my son, I grabbed my lipstick to put a bit on and it broke in half. Luckily I wasn't too badly covered in it. So I guess I am doomed to dull lips and driving in silence...fine! 

The rest of the day passed without incident. Phew...my luck was changing! :-)I was ready to cook tea for me and my husband. However, that never really made it to the table. I'm sure I was jinxed yesterday. :( 

Our evening meal :(
Fingers crossed today is a better day and that the luck of the Irish is on my side! 
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment