Thursday 19 March 2015

A New Workout Schedule

So this week I have begun with a new self-made workout schedule. As you might remember, before Christmas I stopped working with my personal trainer for various reasons and then I was ill and was unable to workout. However, I'm happy to say that for a few weeks now I have been back to working out but this time, it has been slightly different. Due to gym opening times, school run times and my husband's work schedule, I have been having to do all my workouts after the boys have gone to bed for the night and after my husband is home from work (late!).

This means that I miss out on most of the classes that my gym offers, which is a major bummer as I really miss my pilates and spinning but it has given me an opportunity to mix things up a bit, which is good. :)

I have worked with what I know and am comfortable with to develop my new (and hopefully improved workout schedule):

Monday- Rest Day
Tuesday- Gym, weight training upper body
Wednesday- Gym, weight training lower body
Thursday- Run (with running club ladies if they are available)
Friday- Gym, weight training full body
Saturday- Rest Day
Sunday- Run

Last year when I was pretty fit! 
I am also trying harder to include yoga during the week, so whenever one of these days doesn't work out as planned, like when my husband is working late or something, I will do a yoga video. I am trying to see if I can wake up a bit earlier to fit the yoga in too but can't promise that at the moment ;)

I think it is also quite important to say that all my workouts include a warmup of about 10 minutes. On gym days I finish up with stretches, light ab work and 15 minutes of interval training on the treadmill followed by a 10 minute cool down.

I am definitely hoping this will be the best schedule and workouts for me. I'll keep you posted. :)
xx

P.S. I'm sure you all know that it is time once again to vote for your favourite blogs for this year's BiB Awards. There are so many fab blogs out there so don't forget to vote. :)

BritMums

BritMums

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I've joined a gym this month and am trying to go a couple of times a week. It is tough juggling kids and house stuff, but I am already feeling better for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know it is hard. Just finding the time to go is hard never mind getting up the motivation and energy for it all. I have been doing pretty well but haven't made it to the gym three times in a week yet (mainly 2 times). Good luck with your workouts! Looking forward to reading how you get on :-) xx

      Delete