Friday 20 June 2014

Friday Faves Beauty Edition

Happy Friday! I hope you have all had a good week. I have been so busy this week with getting back into my fitness plan and activities with the boys that I am exhausted. This is the only weekend that we don't have definite plans for the rest of the summer so I am hoping to get some organisation done and some relaxing too. We also have plans to get my husband's BBQ up and running so here's to some lovely grilled food! Yum!

Even though my week has been pretty busy I did manage a bit of me time ;-) On Wednesday, (when the boys were at nursery) I had to make a return at our local mall. While I was there I popped in to Debenhams makeup counters to pick up a few new bits that I have had my eye on. It is definitely time to up grade my make up essentials so I got a start on it by picking up some of the following, which are this weeks favourites!  Check them out :-) 


1) Benefit POREfessional: Super cute packaging addition to great product. I have only used it a couple of times but have noticed a huge difference! It is a primer that is super silky and is not heavy at all, which is a huge plus for me. It minimises the appearance of pores and lines and helps your makeup last. 

2) Benefit Fake Up: This is an under eye concealer which hydrates with Vitamin E as well as conceals. Again this is silky smoothy and not at all heavy. This product is currently a life saver with the boys now both waking around 4am every day!!

3) Essie Millionails Nail Care Treatment: Most of you know that I love my Gelish nail varnish and get my nails painted with it every couple of weeks. But sometimes your nails just need a break. At the moment my nails are bare and in pretty poor condition. I did have Gelish on but was very naughty and peeled it off (yes, I am one of those girls. You aren't supposed to do that as it can harm your nails). Anyway, I picked up this nail strengthener in an effort to help my struggling nails. 

4) Mio Workout Wonder (this was bought online): Now this is a strange one. I had heard of Mama Mio products for use in pregnancy but didn't realise that they did a line in products for fitness minded people. I got the Workout Wonder as it claims to help your muscles recover quicker and soothes and cools. Well, this week I knew I was going to be sore as my trainer had a new weight programme for me. I have been rubbing this on and it is fantastic! Very cooling and refreshing. 

5) Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil (this was bought at the salon): My hairdresser asked me last week if I have ever used a hair oil and my answer was No! She put a bit on my hair and explained how it worked (being absorbed by the hair and smoothing & nourishing). The smell alone had me hooked. I didn't want to buy a massive bottle of the stuff but I was in luck as they had a tiny little bottle on sale. This stuff is not only good to rub on your hair but additionally I rub it into my cuticles at bed time. Lush!



What are your favourite beauty finds this summer? If you could pick up any new makeup product what would it be? 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment