Thursday 2 January 2014

A Fresh New Year!

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope 2014 turns out to be a wonderful year for all of you.

Secondly, I'm back! Nine whole months have gone by since I last wrote a blog post. For those of you who used to follow and are back; thank you for sticking with me through my hiatus. For those of you new to my blog; welcome and I hope you enjoy it!

I want to be honest and say that the reason I took a little break from the blog was three fold:
The first reason being that I simply didn't have much time to commit to the blog. This time I am going to schedule in blogging at least once a week or more and I am much more tech savvy than I was last go around so that should help with posting while travelling etc...
Second, reading some of my posts I realized that things were looking pretty boring and quite frankly I was embarrassed. In hindsight we definitely did some awesome stuff last year but I was too burnt out with other things that I didn't have the energy to blog about them. Heck, we even moved to Norway for a month and that would have made for some great blog stories!
The third and final reason was that I didn't have many readers. I totally appreciated the readers I did have but I didn't have many and I don't know if they were regular or not as not a single comment was made on my posts, despite trying my best to be inclusive. Now, I'm not blaming anyone at all for this but myself. Looking back and knowing better (I used to work in PR and Marketing before becoming a full time mum), I should have spread the word. I know just how to do this and this time I will!

So out with the old and in with the new! I am really looking forward to getting back into blogging as I definitely have some things I'll be working on this year that I will be able to share with you and that means many more interesting posts to come (fingers crossed)!

And with that said, I'll leave you with a photo of our lovely but quite droopy and sad 2013 Christmas tree.


Back soon with a post on New Year's Resolutions. 








No comments:

Post a Comment